I'm going to Uni!

Five years after finishing school I finally enrol into Uni - so many things have held me back:
I couldn't decide what to study, my parent unwilling to fund me, my ineligibility for a student loan and allowance, thinking that I wasn't good enough to be let into Uni or study what I want.
Either way, Thursday this week I submitted my application to the University of Auckland because I thought YOLO (ha) and I was invited the next day. From March next year I will be studying towards a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Social Services in Public Health and I am BEYOND delighted that this is actually happening.
Not only since the diagnosis but even beforehand I have been breaking my brain to try and figure out why we have so many mental health issues in this country and why nobody thinks to solve them.
Now I will be able to confirm my theories and be able to get a broader insight into the topic and I cannot wait to learn more, bring on March 2018 already!!!
I am doing lots of research now and hang out with my best friend (who is a year ahead of me and studying the same thing) at Uni in the study rooms on the weekend to have enough silence to read and analyse and ponder. I am still distracted and irritated because of all the noise and smells and different environment but I feel right at home between all the books. I have been writing more poems and prose and even though am still struggling with (CRIPPLING) depression things are looking up.
I need to get my noise-cancelling headphones so I can focus better and don't feel like I need to cry when walking around, we will see when I can get hold of them.
Anyway, I started the post because I wanted to quickly jot down the projects I want to commit to and this needs to swerve as a reminder to keep researching to come up with a solution:
Task One: Develop a plan that can be implied at school to help children subconsciously use techniques to deal with stress/depression/violence
Task Two: Keep working on my book with prose/drawings/songs/poems/anything that show my development with my disorder. Once I feel the book is finished I will try sell it and donate part of the profit to Autism NZ.
Task Three: Keep learning everything about autism and the brain.

Comments